Effective Date: April 25, 2022
- Auntie Anne’s®: www.auntieannes.com/privacy
- Carvel®: www.carvel.com/privacy
- Cinnabon®: www.cinnabon.com/privacy
- Jamba®: www.jamba.com/privacy
- Moe’s®: www.moes.com/privacy
- McAlister’s Deli®: www.mcalistersdeli.com/privacy
- Schlotzsky’s®: www.schlotzskys.com/privacy
Personal Information We Collect About You
We may collect personal information directly from users of our Services. You can use our Services without registering or directly submitting your personal information to us, but we may automatically collect certain information about your use of our Services through cookies and other tracking technologies. If you use our Services, but decide not to provide this personal information, certain programs, options, and functionalities of our Services may not be available to you.
Information We Collect Directly From You. To access our Services and use certain benefits (for example, to request a franchise kit from us), you must give us your name and other personal information. We also may collect personal information that you enter through our Services or provide to us in other ways, such as through email. The type of personal information that we collect from you will depend on your interaction with us and how you use our Services, but may include personal details, such as full name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and other contact information. If you submit someone else’s personal information to us, you represent that you have been authorized to provide this information.
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, our websites are not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. However, you can find information on how to opt out of their participating online advertising networks at Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance. Please note that opting out does not prevent all advertising. Also, if you delete your cookies or change devices, your opt-outs may no longer be effective.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your personal information to:
- communicate with you, including to respond to your questions and requests, provide you with documentation or communications you have requested, send you notices about our Services, offer customer support, or contact you for information or after-sales support;
- market and advertise our products and brands, including to send you news, updates, special offers and promotions, and targeted advertising;
- personalize our content, including to make recommendations to you about our Services, to tailor the information we send or show you, and to offer location-based customizations and personalization based on your purchase history or past interactions with our Services;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and the activities of users of our Services to better understand how our users access and use our Services in order to improve them, respond to user preferences, and for other research purposes;
- improve our Services and notify you about important updates;
- perform business analyses or for other business purposes, such as evaluating transactions involving our Services;
- facilitate, manage, personalize, and improve our partnership and franchisee relationships;
- identify, prevent, investigate, and take other actions with respect to suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or other activity that violates our policies;
- ensure the security and integrity of our personal information processing;
- protect our rights, property, or safety and that of our brands and our confidential and proprietary information;
- comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and legal processes as well as our company policies, including to respond to claims asserted against us and to enforce or administer terms and agreements; and
- achieve other purposes, with your consent (as required).
How We Share Your Information
We may share your personal information within our company, with our brands, business partners, franchisees, and vendors. We also may share your personal information to:
- provide you with products or services;
- better respond to your inquiries;
- advertise or market our products and services;
- perform marketing research and for sales, support, and service-related purposes;
- protect rights, property, life, health, security, and safety;
- respond to legal process, including to disclose personal information to a court, legal authority, opposing party in litigation, our legal counsel, or other advisors in connection with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- negotiate or complete any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, or any other type of acquisition or other transaction, including a transfer of all or a portion of our business to another organization;
- disclose personal information with your consent or at your direction; and
We may disclose your personal information to comply with applicable law, such as in response to requests from law enforcement agencies, regulators, other public authorities, courts, and third-party litigants in connection with legal proceedings or investigations.
Links to Other Websites
Security of Your Personal Information
We maintain appropriate safeguards designed to protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
Our Retention of Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which the personal information was collected, or as may otherwise be permitted or required under applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the scope and sensitivity of the personal information; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized access to, use, or disclosure of the data; the purposes for which we process the data; whether we can achieve our purposes through other means; our business needs; and applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by law, at the end of the retention period, we will either anonymize or securely destroy your personal information.
Updating Your Information
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
Our Services are not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
Notice to Franchisees
If you submit your personal information to request more information from us about our franchise opportunities, we may use that information to contact you to discuss our franchise opportunities. We may ask that you complete our franchise application, which requests the following additional types of personal information from you:
- Franchise ownership details and history
- Financial information, including details of current assets and liabilities, annual income, investments, mortgages, insurance, and any history of bankruptcy
- Criminal history (if any)
We may share the information provided in our franchise application with our brands and vendors as needed to process your franchise application, including to run background checks and to determine creditworthiness.
If you provide personal information related to other people, such as your spouse, investment partners, or personal references, as part of the franchise application process, you guarantee that you do so with the knowledge and permission of those people. We may use any information you provide to contact those people and share it, as necessary, with our brands and vendors during the franchise application process.
Focus Brands is based in the United States. If you are using our Services outside the United States, please be aware that personal information we obtain about you may be transferred to and processed in the United States or other jurisdictions outside your own. Your personal information may be accessible by public authorities where it is processed. By using our Services and providing your personal information, you acknowledge that your personal information may be transferred to and processed in jurisdictions other than your own. Please be aware that the data protection laws and regulations that may apply to your personal information transferred to the United States or other countries may be different from the laws in your country of residence.
Changes to this Policy